I have it on good authority that Merge Healthcare will be announcing “Something Big! Something New!” at RSNA. No, I have absolutely no idea what it might be. However, here are some possibilities, borne of my own perverted imagination:
- Merge buys Agfa–Certainly Big, but not particularly New
- GE buys Merge–Let us hope this is not the case
- Allscripts buys Merge–long predicted by people in the know, but…
- Meaningful-Use-Ready EHR
- Mating of
AMICASMerge PACS and Honeycomb for a true Cloud-PACS solution
- Michael Ferro switches from Tesla Roadster to Fiskar Karma and invites me for a ride down Michigan Avenue although I have to man the extension cord.
From the latest Merge email:
The next revolution in imaging is coming…RSNA 2012. Booth 4845.Radiology is moving at the speed of life. Technology is evolving. You have clouds, viewers, portals, HIEs and more to address. Regulations like Meaningful Use (MU), HIPAA, ICD-10 and others keep pressing forward. And, the industry itself is changing with consolidation of imaging centers, emergence of ACOs and more.At RSNA 2012, we invite you to take a peek inside the new Merge box. In booth 4845, we’ll be previewing the next generation of imaging — an innovative closed-loop imaging solution that will benefit radiologists, physicians and patients.We’ll also be showcasing:
- How Merge can help you meet Meaningful Use (MU) now and prepare for the increased thresholds in MU Stage 2
- Why an end-to-end radiology solution offers greater ROI than mixing point products
- How to optimize your combination of onsite and cloud storage for maximum efficiency and benefit
- And much, much more!
HMMMMMM….”an innovative closed-loop imaging solution that will benefit radiologists, physicians and patients…” I’m thinking I’m fairly close on the “Cloud PACS” prediction. I’ll still accept a ride in the Tesla, or Karma, or Maybach…